Tuesday, November 30, 2010

the chapter ends here...

the free ride makes its stop here and the transition back to America starts here…im sitting here writing this blog when I should be writing my paper for your class thầy Gerard (THANK YOU for the extension—id probably be crying my eyes out right now without it) its been a crazy four months and even crazier week with final, papers, projects. I cant believe that its all coming to an end.

this has been a wonderful and breathtaking experience. ive driven a motorbike (homegirls—still haven’t found my other half that has a motorcycle who will not drive a motorcycle anymore when hes dating me cuz its dangerous but is still HOTTTTT ;) LOL), ive gone skinny-dipping in the late night in quy ngon, ive eaten chuột đông, snake and many other unmentionable things <-- please don’t make this controversial, ive seen bác hồ, ive crawled through the tunnels at cu chi, ive never had to swat so many times in the bushes in my life, ive never gotten diarrhea so much in my life in such a short period, ive had a lot of firsts in Vietnam and the one thing that I never thought that id have the opportunity to do was to live abroad

theres a famous quote that id like to share, it goes “life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away.” These past four months of my life has been the best for a long time. Before all this was all possible, I went through an emotional rollercoaster and ive never felt so broken before. But lucky for me I always my brother, who always tries to be strong for me when im weak. He could be hard-headed sometimes but I know deep inside, theres a soft spot <3 I know that I don’t get to tell you this often but I love you, and I would give up anything for me because you push me so much cuz you believe that I have the potential even when I don’t believe in myself, you do. Youre my inspiration and if I can be just like you even in the smallest ways, id be okay

through all the ups and down, you’ve always been by my side. And if you didn’t push me to apply for eap more than I was going to already, I wouldn’t have had this amazing experience with such amazing people. Man, do I hate goodbyes. I am fortunate that I have met so many of you, you made such a difference in my life and I do not know how we are going to part ways. youve made me a better person, and now that its time to go home, you will meet new and more people and you will transform their lives as you have mine, so thank you.

you guys will always hold a special place in my heart, i hope that one day we will cross paths again.until then, thank you & God bless everyone <3

MUCH love,
i love you guys
see you guys at home soon.

(sorry if this is all cheesy, but its straight from the heart)

No comments:

Post a Comment